AJM Packaging Corporation is seeking a Design Engineer to join our team in Detroit, MI. As the Design Engineer on our engineering team, you will be responsible for manufacturing enhancement projects for a multi-plant, high-speed, US based manufacturing company. This role will be assigned projects including engineering, project management, budget, costs procurement, vendor management and scheduling.
Benefits: At AJM, our comprehensive benefits package truly sets us apart. This position is eligible for company paid medical insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental insurance, vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching plan, tuition reimbursement and employee referral programs. Plus, AJM provides company paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
• Designs, develop, test and install high-speed machines and equipment enhancement designs
• Maintain project timelines for each design
• Works with engineers and vendors to implement, build, and set-up equipment to be designed and built in-house
• Tracks projects and update Project Report, on a regular basis
• Works with engineers to ensure proper design for ease of maintenance and production efficiency
• Provide training and support to plants for newly implemented equipment designs
• Provides technical support for continuous improvement of production equipment and processes
• Works with outside vendors on tolerances and material specifications
• Manage multiple complex projects at the same time
• Process engineering change requests for accurate drawings, bill of materials, and product specifications
• Assist the activities of mechanical engineers, machine shop and quality department as required
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 10 + years of directly related experience in a high-speed multi-location manufacturing environment
• Design experience with CAD software
• Mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical aptitude
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and create technical documents, engineering drawings, engineering documentation.
• Proficient in the use of software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to travel as required